The Howe Park passivhaus is a modern ultra low energy home built in Milton Keynes, with the timber frame designed, supplied and erected by Touchwood from a design by Eco Design Consultants. The house also features our Optiwin passivhaus windows.
Using our robust air tightness detailing, this build achieved an extremely low air tightness test figure of 0.09, probably the lowest in the UK.
- Minimal heating: heating demand < 15 kWh/m2 (government’s ‘carbon zero’ target is 39 kWh/m2)
- Super insulated – U values < 0.15 W/m2 K
- Airtight – air test achieved 0.09
- Efficient heat recovery ventilation
- PV panels – to become zero carbon
- Low total energy requirements – total energy < 120kWh/m2/year